At City Creek mortgage we are committed to not only making your mortgage healthy but also making you healthy as well. Our staff has a wide variety of tastes and flavors and every so often we want to pass along different recipes that you can try and share with your friends and family. Today’s recipe comes from Julie Love, Michael’s Production Assistant.
Halibut with Zesty Peach Salsa
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Remove 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the halibut. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. In a bowl, combine salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- If grilling the fish, coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade from fish. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with peach salsa.
(Recipe from Allrecipes.com)