What NOT to do during your loan process
Before and during the loan process many people make mistakes that may cost them their approval and the home of their dreams.
To avoid this potential disappointment always follow these guidelines:
- Don’t change your job, quit your job or become self-employed until your loan has funded.
- Don’t move your bank accounts.
- Don’t buy a car or truck or anything you have to finance.
- Don’t buy furniture on credit.
- Don’t open any new consumer credit accounts.
- Don’t be late on any of your credit liabilities or charge excessively.
- Don’t make large deposits into your bank accounts that you don’t want to explain or document.
- Don’t co-sign on a loan for anyone.
- Don’t fail to disclose any debts, obligations, or pertinent information.
- Don’t spend savings budgeted for your down payment and cash needed at closing.
- Don’t forget to disclose child support or alimony.
Remember that your loan is not final until it has FUNDED & RECORDED. To be safe follow all of these rules until after that point to ensure you get the home of your dreams!
If you have any questions about how to avoid these pitfalls, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Chat with us